Careers with TuscBDD
A career in public service with TuscBDD presents an opportunity to make a difference in the community. We currently employ 109 individuals, offering a variety of staff, managerial and professional positions. Please take a moment to review our current open positions to see what employment opportunities are available. Qualified persons should refer to individual job postings for the application process.
TuscBDD Employee Benefits
The Tuscarawas County Board of Developmental Disabilities recognizes that offering a comprehensive benefits package is important to our employees. Our healthcare plan is designed to protect employees and their families against financial hardship in the event of a serious illness or injury. We also have a wellness program which encourages employees to take an active part in their own health and wellness. We offer the following:
- Medical Insurance (Family and Single)
- Dental Insurance (Family and Single)
- Vision Insurance Free to employee (Family available for additional cost)
- $20,000 Life and AD&D Insurance Free to employee (Additional Employee and Family coverage available; cost is based on age of persons covered)
- 125 Plan (Premium Reduction) available for the purchase of insurance with pre-tax dollars
- Flexible Spending Account available to set aside pre-tax dollars for unreimbursed medical expenses (up to $2000 per year) and/or dependent care expenses (up to $5000 per year)
- Supplemental Insurance plans available for short-term disability, long-term disability, accident, cancer, cardiac and intensive care
- PERS Retirement System (for all employees except teaching staff) or STRS Retirement System (for teaching staff)
- Deferred compensation programs available through the Ohio Public Employee plan and the County Commissioners of Ohio Plan
- Holidays Ten paid holidays are provided each year. They include the following: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Savings bonds may be purchased through payroll deduction
- Direct deposit of paychecks is optional
- Sick Leave – Accrues at the equivalent of 15 days per year
- Personal Leave – Three days per year (9 month staff) or four days per year (12 Month staff)
- Vacation Leave (12 month staff only) – Two weeks after one year, then accrues at the rate of two weeks per year for years 1 – 6, three weeks per year for years 6-12, four weeks per year for years 12-22, and five weeks per year after 22 years
- Hepatitis B Vaccine provided at no cost to employee at employee's option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – 24-hour confidential assistance with personal issues
- Wellness Program – Optional incentive program to encourage good health habits
- YMCA Membership – Corporate discount available if paid through payroll deduction.
- Super Fitness Membership – Discounted fee schedule available for Board employees
Service and Suuport AdministratorUnder direct supervision of the Service and Support Administration Supervisor, provides a primary point of coordination in the intake, assessment, plan and budget development, service coordination and monitoring, and information and referral services to and on behalf of individuals receiving service and support services; conducts eligibility determinations; assures the health, safety, and welfare of individuals receiving service and support services; consults Board staff, residential staff, parents, and others in the individual’s circle of support in the development of specific goals and objectives on the Individual Support Plans (ISPs) of persons receiving service and support services in accordance with their desired services and supports; provides initial ISP packet development, program review and approval, quality assurance/monitoring, annual re-determination, ISP revisions, provider recruitment, training and support, waiting list, utilization review and other waiver activities to and on behalf of individuals receiving service and support services.
TuscBDD complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, Family and Medical Leave, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.