Careers with TuscBDD
A career in public service with TuscBDD presents an opportunity to make a difference in the community. We currently employ 109 individuals, offering a variety of staff, managerial and professional positions. Please take a moment to review our current open positions to see what employment opportunities are available. Qualified persons should refer to individual job postings for the application process.
TuscBDD Employee Benefits
The Tuscarawas County Board of Developmental Disabilities recognizes that offering a comprehensive benefits package is important to our employees. Our healthcare plan is designed to protect employees and their families against financial hardship in the event of a serious illness or injury. We also have a wellness program which encourages employees to take an active part in their own health and wellness. We offer the following:
- Medical Insurance (Family and Single)
- Dental Insurance (Family and Single)
- Vision Insurance Free to employee (Family available for additional cost)
- $20,000 Life and AD&D Insurance Free to employee (Additional Employee and Family coverage available; cost is based on age of persons covered)
- 125 Plan (Premium Reduction) available for the purchase of insurance with pre-tax dollars
- Flexible Spending Account available to set aside pre-tax dollars for unreimbursed medical expenses (up to $2000 per year) and/or dependent care expenses (up to $5000 per year)
- Supplemental Insurance plans available for short-term disability, long-term disability, accident, cancer, cardiac and intensive care
- PERS Retirement System (for all employees except teaching staff) or STRS Retirement System (for teaching staff)
- Deferred compensation programs available through the Ohio Public Employee plan and the County Commissioners of Ohio Plan
- Holidays Ten paid holidays are provided each year. They include the following: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Savings bonds may be purchased through payroll deduction
- Direct deposit of paychecks is optional
- Sick Leave – Accrues at the equivalent of 15 days per year
- Personal Leave – Three days per year (9 month staff) or four days per year (12 Month staff)
- Vacation Leave (12 month staff only) – Two weeks after one year, then accrues at the rate of two weeks per year for years 1 – 6, three weeks per year for years 6-12, four weeks per year for years 12-22, and five weeks per year after 22 years
- Hepatitis B Vaccine provided at no cost to employee at employee's option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – 24-hour confidential assistance with personal issues
- Wellness Program – Optional incentive program to encourage good health habits
- YMCA Membership – Corporate discount available if paid through payroll deduction.
- Super Fitness Membership – Discounted fee schedule available for Board employees
Community Relations/Special Projects CoordinatorUnder direct supervision of the Superintendent: manages all activities to strengthen relations with stakeholders of the Tuscarawas County Board of Developmental Disabilities to include private providers, families and guardians of individuals served by TuscBDD; manages the community relations activities and special projects for the Board including chairing the Public Relations Committee, coordinating levy campaigns, overseeing all Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month activities, serving as agency spokesperson for all media contacts, developing press releases, developing a functional speakers bureau, chairing Grant Committee to administer the preparation and processing of grant applications, developing agency brochure and related informational materials for the Board, overseeing production of agency newsletter, annual report and three-year strategic plan, representing the Board at various civic and community events, serving as the Board’s volunteer coordinator, serving as the Board’s Ombudsman in addressing issues with the public and providing oversight of various agency processes for the purpose of increasing community education and involvement in Board programs and services.
Sub SecretaryUnder direct supervision of the Program Supervisor and on an as needed basis, types, files and directs communications through and on behalf of the assigned facility, organizes and maintains filing systems, greets and directs visitors within the assigned facility, and operates miscellaneous office equipment as requested.
Substitute TeachersOn an as needed basis, plans and implements instructional programs and provides instruction to students with or at risk for developmental delays or those developing typically who have not attained compulsory school age and are eligible for such services
Substitute Classroom AssistantsOn an as needed basis, assists in teaching persons with developmental disabilities in approved or adopted curriculum areas...
TuscBDD complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, Family and Medical Leave, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.