Adult Services Overview
Doing business for over 40 year serving persons with disabilities. Helping to put people to work!
- We believe in people working in their community.
- We believe in greater opportunities to increase incomes, advance careers, and promote choice.
- We believe in working with employers to partner for job opportunities.
Employment First Kickoff Event:
Governor John Kasich officially launched Ohio's Employment First Initiative when he signed Executive Order 2012-05K on March 19, 20012. The Executive Order established statewide collaboration and coordination by creating the Employment First Taskforce and Advisory Committee and made community employment the preferred outcome for individuals with developmental disabilities.
On September 10, 2013 Tuscarawas County Board of Developmental Disabilities (TCBDD) hosted a local Kick Off Event for this initiative. Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD) Director John Martin and Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission (ORSC) Director Kevin Miller spoke at the event along with District 98 Representative Al Landis, Steve Oster, superintendent of Knox and Coshocton County Boards of Developmental Disabilities and TCBDD Superintendent Natalie Lupi – all sharing information about the initiative and the value of work. Coshocton, Knox and Tuscarawas counties have formed a multi-county professional leadership team to promote and develop Employment First locally.
Employment First Benefits Everyone. Businesses will gain valuable, trained employees. Individuals will have opportunities to use their unique skills and abilities to contribute to their employer and their community. Employment First promotes independence and employment, and these programs will decrease dependency on public funding, which will benefit the entire community. Independence was a prevailing theme for all speakers.
Our staff is:
- Certified under the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
- Certified in CPR and first aid and we have a full time nurse on staff
- Engaged in continuous training in safety, employment, policies and procedures
- Engaged in continuous training in customized employment, job task analysis, benefits analysis, resume writing, tax incentives, and use of natural supports
- Experienced in relationship- building skills
- Motivated to enhance the lives of individuals with disabilities.
The Principles of Self-Determination
- Circle of Support
- Dignity and Respect
- Financial Responsibility
- Health & Safety
Downloadable PDF Files(Click to Download)
Click here to download the 2016-2017 Adult Services Calendar of Operation
TuscBDD complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, Family and Medical Leave, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.